Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this one is a tough one. Almost everyone has a ride that was impressive for them at their skill level. Just because we are not in top shape, or riding an expensive bike does not mean the ride was not impressive. The truth is unless you see some sort of income from riding a bike, the only person you really have to please is yourself.

Lots of people have done impressive things on the list this year, but there can only be one winner. Congratulation or my sympathy Xela is the winner for his "Ride of the Immortals". Not so sure about his sanity to under take such a ride. The archives has a map of the ride on it and if you look at the elevation changes, I think NO WAY. When I saw that I didn't know which would be tougher, the decision to actually sign up or the dedication it would take to train enough to actually complete it.

Its the same thing we all do when we set yearly goals, so if you set a goal at the beginning of the year, and actually completed that goal, build yourself a Spokey for the Annual Achievement Award. Of course you must remember where to put it as well:)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Mark, thanks man! I somehow missed this when it was originally posted. :eek: I'd like to thank all you guys too for the belief that I could do this. The mental aspect was a big part. Now I just need a goal this year to start bringing myself back into shape again. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Congrats Alex! Every time I read your post for the Ride of the Immortals I need to sit down and rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts