Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use SportLegs - Welcome? They claim:

Is SportLegs safe? SportLegs’ ingredients have been Generally Recognized As Safe by our FDA for more than twenty years. At the appropriate body-weight dosage, the federal Institute of Medicine recognizes these ingredients as safe enough for a one-year-old.

The active ingredients are premium natural-source European lactate compounds of calcium and magnesium with Vitamin D. (Lactate isn't the same as lactose. No dairy-source ingredients are in SportLegs.) Other ingredients to maintain potency of the delicate Vitamin D are gluten-free modified corn starch, sucrose, sodium ascorbate, dl-alpha tocopherol, vegetable oil triglycerides and silicon dioxide. These premium ingredients are packed into color-free hypromellose vegetable capsules.

When do I take it? Take SportLegs one hour before sports or warmup exercise. Unlike ordinary vitamins, you don't have to take SportLegs every day. And there's no "loading" phase where you have to take it for a week or longer before you feel results. You'll feel the difference in your performance an hour after your first dose. Re-dose your full weight-appropriate dose every two to three hours for sustained sports or tournaments. And a dose at the end of activity enhances recovery.

Can I overdose on SportLegs? Hardly. Athletes have been using SportLegs for 24-hour, RAAM and Ultra events for years, re-dosing every two hours, with no adverse effects. However, it’s prudent to consider your total daily supplemental magnesium intake. The Institute of Medicine’s Dietary Reference Intakes for magnesium note that while a majority of subjects comfortably tolerate 1200mg of supplemental magnesium per day, more than 350mg of total supplemental magnesium per day can cause loose bowels for the very most sensitive subjects. If you’re taking a daily magnesium supplement, you might want to skip it on days you’re taking SportLegs until you know how sensitive your system is.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
First I've heard of it. I've been using CytoMax for several months and have been very pleased with the results. As my ride lengths passed the 25 mile mark I began having leg and foot cramps (drinking water and G2) which is what got me started looking for something better. Since it's the only supplement of that type that I've tried I can't really say whether it's better or worse than the others but it does work for me. Buying in the large canister, the per 24oz bottle costs is pretty cheap too.

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I've heard of it. I've been using CytoMax for several months and have been very pleased with the results. As my ride lengths passed the 25 mile mark I began having leg and foot cramps (drinking water and G2) which is what got me started looking for something better. Since it's the only supplement of that type that I've tried I can't really say whether it's better or worse than the others but it does work for me. Buying in the large canister, the per 24oz bottle costs is pretty cheap too.
Last year I started taking Endurolytes - Electrolyte Replacement Supplement | Hammer Nutrition as I was getting leg cramps. If I took it in the recommended amounts and times it tended to upset my stomach so I stopped and ended up setting a 15 minute timer on my Garmin to remind me to drink...hard to believe I was not drinking near enough water or electrolyte type liquid. I get an occasional cramp on a hard ride now and that's about all!

I was looking at Sportlegs for another purpose and wanted something as natural as I could get IF I was going to take anything at all. I was looking for something to help with the "burn" :D It sucks getting old :(

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well read the label carefully. IF its the same product I think it is, it was very high in triglycerides and for me that was a big no no. Mine are high enough already. The goal for me would be to burn off what is already in my blood stream.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Still relatively new, but as my distance increased with pace and summer heat the sports legs were recommended. I tried them, I like them, and use them on all rides 25+ miles. Not so much on my little personal TT routes which tend to be shorter(6-10 miles), only because I want to see what I can do against the clock with minimal help. GL

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up a bottle today @ REI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts