Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know anything about the SRAM Via drive train?

I am looking to swap out my 3x8 drive train (SRAM Gripshift 3.0) with something better. Looking for something at 48/36/26 at crank and 11-32 9 speed at rear.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a winter. I saw those links too. It seems that an actual review is quite elusive. I am most interested in the crank which is 48/36/26 versus my 42/34/24 ( I think that is what it is)

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
Does any one know anything about the SRAM Via drive train?

I am looking to swap out my 3x8 drive train (SRAM Gripshift 3.0) with something better. Looking for something at 48/36/26 at crank and 11-32 9 speed at rear.
I have a 2011 Jamis Allegro 1 with the Sram 3.0 and X3 derailleurs, it had the Sram 3.0 twist shifters but I changed the shifters to Sram X4 "click" (trigger) shifters as my arthritis doesn't like the "motion" using the twist shifters.

I like the looks of the SRAM VIA group, may update to that rather than SRAM X5 components myself! :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the SRAM x4 rear derailleur and the trigger shifters on my Escape 1. I prefer the x4 over the Shimano EZ-Fire shifters. Will probably end up upgrading to the SRAM x7 probably in a couple of months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts