Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either at the end of this year or the beginning of next I'm planning to upgrade bikes. Yeah, that's a long way off, but it will be an expensive purchase so have to start thinking about it now and putting money away. Currently thinking about something from a local company, Blue Competition Cycles. I bumped into them last month at the Southeast Bike Expo and had no idea they were based out of Atlanta. Some of the bikes they had there made me drool. It's strange thinking about spending more for a bicycle than many cars I've owned. Should be fun explaining that one to my wife ;-)

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Good luck Poolie!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Funny you should bring this up and Rola explaining the tweaks he made on his bike in order to get a lil more umph! Sigh! A new bike may be inevitable, but before I dive into something like that I am gonna try to squeeze all the performance I can out of the relaxed geometry frame I have.

I may be looking at 2 years before seriously entertaining the idea of a full upgrade. Have to see what happens between now and then.

Good luck on your search for an upgrade.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am allways thinking of a new bike and what I would like it to do and what I would like it to have, I guess I should make a list:rolleyes:

frame--------- Titanium
fork----------- Titanium or C.Molly
Brake----------mecanical disc
shifters--------ultegra
casette--------12-34
deraillerus-----Ultegra front----XTR rear
crankset-------XTR--48-36-26
wheels--------- 36 spoke-disc 700x32
bars------------droped
stem-----------NVO F2 ats
saddle---------Brookes
pedals---------touring

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I, too, am always thinking of new/different bikes. Been bad in the last year, as I have gotten to like mountain biking as much as road cycling -- and I'm also enamored with single-speed bikes (road and mountain) but need geared ones also. But now I'm settling down a bit, though I do have a cheap SS 29er on back-order.

That should be it for a while, unless I decide to try a bike tour. In that case finances (and spouse & garage space) will probably dictate that I sell my carbon/aluminum road bike and get a touring bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts