Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last evening at a Club meeting I stepped up to pay my dues. As I handed over my money a friend told me not to do that. "You're over 80. Get a Life Membership. Its only five bucks."

As I retrieved the extra the Membership person said: "You don't look 80. Guess I need to start carding people".

Guess there is a discriminatory age stereotype that a healthy person doesn't fit.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
I'd be happy with that :)

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
When I was 21, I liked getting carded every time I bought beer. Now that I'm 70, I like getting carded when I order a senior meal at a restaurant. :D

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
We have one place that cards everybody when they buy beer. If it hadn't been for that I might have never noticed my drivers license was missing. I had visited a prison and they take your license while you are visiting a prisoner and I forgot to ask for it back. Other than the prison and that one beer store nobody has asked to see my license for many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.