Strava strikes again

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by rola643, May 21, 2020.

1. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

Worse thing they could do for kids.

Merlincustom, Dos_Ruedas and MilesR like this.
  2. fpl1

fpl1 Well-Known Member Tavern Member

I really thought this was a spoof he was doing at first. Won’t I be proud if I get one of those - haha.

John_V likes this.

3. flan48

flan48 Senior Member

I too prefer RWGPS, and it uploads my rides to my free Strava. I am certainly not concerned with actual stats- after all, does it matter if I averaged 12.1 or 11.7 (or 11.3 for that matter!) mph? Not to me. I'm more concerned logging my miles.

Interesting though, as Strava gets ride data from RWGPS, it counts total time as moving time.

Best regards

4. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

5. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

6. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

So they brought back BTLE support on the Strava app for heart rate monitors but not for any other BTLE sensors. :rolleyes: I guess it's OK if you're a runner but still sucks if you're a cyclist. I never cared for the Strava cycling app. I have it on my phone but only so I can modify my rides. It's much easier and faster on the app than using a mobile browser.

Dos_Ruedas and rola643 like this.
  7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I use it when I ride the MTB. It seems to track better than the GPS in either my Garmin or Wahoo in the woods for some reason. Oddly I've NEVER with any type of sensor on any of my mountain bikes. No cadence, power or HR. I would consider power but I care not to see the other statics when I ride in the woods :D

John_V and Dos_Ruedas like this.