Streetwrapz

Discussion in 'Fixed & Singlespeed' started by mediageni.us, Oct 25, 2009.

1. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

First, let me point out that I'm not here to sell anyone anything. I work for a site that assists companies in the bicycle industry with their market research. So this is not a sale pitch. But a little feedback would be nice.

While at Interbike this year, I spoke with Jay from Streetwrapz. They make what I think is a pretty unique product. Not only can it dress up your bike, but if your paint's jacked and uglier than sin, it's going to cover that up for you. Of course, it will also protect your frame from getting to that ugly state in the first place.

So what do you think? It's not for everyone, but don't hold back, we'd like some honest opinions. Questions are welcome too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Very cool concept! I like it. I might like to get some to put on the MTB for this Saturday's Halloween ride.

Looks like all the pictures you show and on the website are fairly skinny steel tubing street/city bikes. Will these also fit on larger tubed frames? I know the larger tubed AL frames don't necessarily need the protection, but it's a cool concept for customizing your ride.

3. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

The sections for the main triangle are 4.65" wide. You'd have to measure your tubing to see if that would fit.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Cool concept. What material are they made from?

5. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

Basically, they're a vinyl sticker. But a really tough one.

6. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

So, hipsters and clowns like PBR?

7. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

Well someone's buying it. :D

8. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

So that means it would fit up to a 1.5" diameter tube. I'll have to measure mine and see if it fits. It'll be close. The mountain bike could use a little pimpin, especially if I want to do this Halloween ride up right.

9. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

Math is my weak point, but I do like pi. And pie.

10. mediageni.us

mediageni.us Guest

So they were originally designed for fixed gear bikes. Could anyone see these on their road or MTB?

11. letsgetsandy

letsgetsandy New Member

^ of course not. "fixies" only.

12. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I read somewhere that they were going to be offering custom designs - you can upload your own graphics.