Strida electric bike

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by madlyrotating, Feb 25, 2010.

1. madlyrotating

madlyrotating Guest

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure to put this in the folding section or ebike section. Anyway I've posted it here (sorry if i was wrong to do so)

I found this info about a copy of a Strida but this has an electric motor! anyone seen one about?

gizchina.com Blog Archive ‘Strida’ Electric Bike

here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've never heard of it but I like the Stridas. I wonder about there comfort though.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Strida is pricey to begin with. Can't imagine what that would cost.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Have you tested one Brian?

5. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Cool link. I would love to ride that thing and test it out.

I would imagine it's under $1500?

6. Industry_Hack

Negative. I think I played with the regular one at Interbike one year, and I sold them some ad space on another site. But when I asked about pricing for one for my son, they were still a bit more than I could part with.

7. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

I think part of a test ride should include taking your testicles and slamming them in a desk drawer cause that's what it's going to feel like riding that thing. Tiny wheels, motor, millions of miles of curb in America...may as well just throw your balls in the gutter from the get go. LOL!

8. Industry_Hack

Personally, that looks more like a trunk box than any sort of attempt to motorize it. I noted that the knockoffs are $88-$146. They must be recouping a lot of R&D at an MSRP of $800.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've never talked to any body that has. There available mainly in Europe right?

10. Industry_Hack

They offer them for sale in the US. Can't say I know anyone that's bought one though.

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It doesn't seem like it would sell well here. I like it because of the Angles on it compared to the majority of folders. But still I don't know how America would feel about it. To your knowledge do folders sell well in the US? I know they are here but I don't see a lot of them.