Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Sunray and I went out for a get back to bike church ride. Took her to Fl for a ride along the beach, and more or less neglected her for a while. A sick mother in law and a shop needing attention left her sitting in the shop.

A quick ride tonight told me that the seat had slipped downward, but when I went to raise it eh. The friggen thing is stuck. Now I think I have the jinx's luck. The only thing other than twist shift I don't like about this bike is the way the seat is clamped. If you add grease, it slips. Don't add grease and it sticks. I put some wd 40 on it to soak over night, but anyone got any tips on any lubes that might help. I think I have some white lithium grease, but thats going to have a hard time getting where it needs to be. Anyone had any really good luck with a specific type of penetrating oil? Any other thing to try other than a vise and brute force??

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its steel. Not been left in the rain, but the design of the bike requires it to be very very tight or it will slip. Im not sure its rust thats the problem, but maybe the clamping system.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its out. The old trick I used to do, I remembered and it worked again. After letting the bike sit with WD 40 over night, I resprayed the oil and sat down on the seat. Then I made like Chubby Checker. Come on baby. Lets do the twist. Ok, most of the people here are way too young to know Chubby Checker and the dance the twist, but rocking my body weight from side to side while on the seat freed it up.

Now that I got it out, I am going to touch up the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts