Stuffits. Get stuffed!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Industry_Hack, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

This is copied over directly from my blog. Seems like a product that not everyone is aware of, but many of us could find useful.

Well, your shoes should get stuffed. If you walk, jog, run, ride a bike, or engage in any activity that leaves you with damp, smelly shoes, check out Stuffits Shoe Savers.

Maybe you've been stuffing balled up newspaper into your shoes for years, and don't see any reason to change. But change is good, so on to the review. According to the fact sheet provided with them, they are 100% cedar-filled, and remove moisture while eliminating odor in all types of footwear. Due to their fancy, patented wicking fabric, they dry shoes up to 8 times faster than air alone. Why is this good? Because it's that wetness that allows all those smelly bacteria to stink up your fancy shoes.

When it came time to test them, I followed the simple instructions: Insert in shoe. That's after your workout, by the way. And they work too. I tested them on my cycling shoes, which weren't too bad to begin with, and they came out smelling like a freshly-cleaned hamster cage, rather than something you hide on the back porch when your date comes over. Once I was satisfied that they worked, I decided to subject them to some abuse. I have an old pair of leather shoes that don't have any sort of ventilation, and they get pretty ripe. After a long day in them, even my dogs won't touch them. And we know dogs aren't usually fussy about smells. Well, I gave them the Stuffits treatment, (remember: insert in shoe) and by the next day, they were perfectly acceptable, with no offensive odors.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no candidate for the "Stinkiest feet" competition. But some of my shoes do get on the nose a bit. And Stuffits provides a simple (insert in shoe) solution. Since they're reusable, my inner green dude gives them a thumbs up. I'd like to thank Mike Huebner for giving me the opportunity to try a set out. If anyone else is interested, they should be able to find them at any good running store (and I imagine bike shops one of these days) or directly from www.stuffits.com. They're $24.95 and are available in 4 different sizes and some different color options. You can find comments from other stinky-feet here.

*Note: Although I'm going to give away some of the items I get sent to test, this isn't going to be one of them, since they've been in my shoes. :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Thanks for the review, Hack! Do you think they could bring an offensive pair back, or do they only work as a prevention?

Mine might suprise you, by the way. Especially since we sometimes catch him in the back yard eating "homemade" dog treats.

3. Industry_Hack

Well, I think that the stinky bacteria need moisture to breed and stink things up. So unless your shoes are bone dry and stinky, they should do the trick. The red cedar really smells nice too.

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I use a peet boot dryer. I had problems with a pair of leather work boots that had become clogged up with flyash. They were hurting my feet due to them not being able to dry out at night before i had to wear them again the next day and started stinking to high heaven. I went to purchase anew p[air of boots and was given the boot dryer by the store owner. To see if it solved the problem so I could use the boots until the end of the job then buy a new pair of boots. The first night I used it turned my problem boots into a new pair. No more stench and no more issues due to them being wet when I put them on in the morning. I use it to dry my wading boots which are completely soaked through when I put them on the dryer and completely dry by morning. Plus if it is a pair of boots you put on in the morning to head out into a cold morning the boots are warm and dry to start the day off nice and comfy.

The advantage of the peet boot dryer is that unlike the stuffits it can be used for shoes boots and even waders with the extensions. Plus it can be used with an attachment to dry gloves and even motorcycle helmets. Plus it will fit all sizes from your kid's snow boots and tennis shoes, your wife's workout shoes and work shoes, to your work boots and cycling shoes. One piece of equipment for everyone's needs, instead of different stuffits for different sizes of shoes.

5. Industry_Hack

Dude, if you need a boot dryer for your cycling shoes, you have some shtinky feets.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

7. Industry_Hack

Yeah, there's some cool products out there that really need some exposure. This is one of them. Does what it claims to do, isn't terribly expensive, and is reusable

My back hurts thinking about that wheelie.

8. Industry_Hack

Dean, would you and your stinky feet be interested in doing a long term evaluation?

9. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Sure! If they work my wife will probably send you and them a thank you card.

10. Industry_Hack

If you think that your feet would provide a suitable torture test, I'll send these to you. Unless that's yucky, because they've been in my shoes.

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sounds Great!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  12. Industry_Hack

I'm so glad I sent them a link to this thread...

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

HAHA. I'm sure Dean can erase it.

14. Industry_Hack

You didn't have to do that.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sure I did. It didn't contribute to the thread.

16. camilo

camilo New Member

I use my Peet boot dryer for my cycling shoes regularly. Sometimes just for dampness from sweating, more often if they get soaked by rain and such.

The boot dryer is one of the best things I have. Like I said, I use it occasionally for cycling shoes, but nearly every day in the winter to dry out my XC boots, mittens and gloves. I also can use it for rubber boots and waders like the guy said.

I'm not saying the product being mentioned here is not worthwhile, but a boot dryer is a great piece of equipment for any athlete or sportsman.