Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is as promised and despite the problems with the AEROFIX website I can honestly say that I'm truly impressed with the overall package (refer to the "I blame you all" thread)
I did notice a few flaws in the paint but you have to look really hard to see them.
Package included an all aluminum frame and fork with a steel neck insert, a no-name seat post and I'm assuming an AEROFIX seat post clamp because I have never seen a design like this one, and to top it off what really impresed me was the NECO integrated headset. Only took about 15 min. to assemble it to where it's at now.
Waiting on wheel set, stem, and aero bars to top it off......for right now

Attachments

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Looks nice! Smooth!

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
UPDATE.......Must of done something right in a past life cause my rims and hubs showed up 2&3 business days early. So here the run down....
Origin8, Formula Hubs 32h
DT Swiss, Champion 2.0 Spokes
H+Sons, Formation Face 700c (polished)
I was originally planning on using a 3 spoke graphite on the front and a solid disk on the rear but my bank account told me NO. I figure this was a decent alternative.

Attachments

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I was 30 years younger I would've considered a Velodrone (if I knew where one was at), but I grew up in the big city so that's where most of my riding's gonna be at. Beside, during the summer down at some of the beaches there's actually more cyclists then cars (plus the scenery's at lot better, if you know what I mean)
Unfortunately a days ago I managed to tear a muscle in my calf and as of right now, can barely walk to the bathroom let alone pedal a bike. Doctor says 2 to 3 months before I should attempt to ride, but if I listened to every thing the doctors told me I would probably be in a wheelchair.
I'm expecting the stem and cog in about a week an the aero bars in 3 weeks (from the U.K.)

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The way I look at it, we are here to promote cycling in our community. I can't think of a better way to advertise that then to ride something that is fast, one of a kind, and just screams "LOOK AT ME"
Besides, eventually they'll realize that this year every parking lot and public access to the beach is pay to park and at least one person is gonna remember that one guy on that "shiny bike" that didn't have to pay to park because he left his car a few miles down the road away from the tourist trap and pedaled in (no public transportation in that area).
It's a win, win situation in my book, bike rentals go up, local bike shops get more customers, more tourist come in, and maybe one day the city counsel will finally realize that they're gonna need more bike lanes to handle the influx of more cyclists.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,288 Posts
I'll take option A.............looking forward to more new stuff populating the frame.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Don't know what it is, but things just seemed to fall in place on this build.

The mailman didn't seem too happy hauling all the packages to the door that day (surprised they didn't just leave a note on the door to go pick them up myself).
Anyway, lets start with the Tange-Seiki 103mm bottom bracket (polished of course) connected to the SUGINO 48T crankset with MKS AR-2 Pedals which gave me the perfect chain line to the GODSPEED 16T Cro-Mo Cog all tied in with a IZUMI Easy Running Chain in 3/32" strait from Japan.
Moving to the front.....a F.M.F. Alloy Aero Bars (yea, I never heard of them either, but they look cool) hooked up to a DIMENSIONS 107deg. (17deg.) 70mm stem with a couple of spacers cause I was too lazy to cut down the fork tube. The white VIRTUE saddle is sitting on top of an UNO seat post.
Keeping with "monochromatic theme" I de-anodized anything aluminum that wasn't silver and polished them to a mirror finish.
The seat post clamp that came with the frame is what gave me the most problems.
1. Only compatible with this frame and only made by the manufacturer.
2. Made of some type of plastic that would not lock down on the post.
3. Cheap pot-metal nut that stripped way too easy.
And to top it off....
4. AEROFIX Cycles has a problem answering their phone/e-mail/reviews (must be a California thing I guess)
Had to track down some new hardware (the shiny stuff shows up in a week) and with a little help from Mr. Sandpaper I removed almost all the knurling to give it a flush fit up against the post, seat locked in place before I even had it fully tightened.
So there she is, let me know what you think..... I'm pretty sure that I covered just about everything.

Attachments

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New VITTORIA ZAFFIRO PRO tires showed up today, other then a few minor things like end caps for the handlebars she pretty much finished. Thought I snap a few photos before I get the tires dirty.

So, what do you guys think.....comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
My Gord, that is absolutely stunningly beautiful! That's just crazy - part retro, part super-futuristic.

It reminds me of the chrome car in the old "Private Benjamin" tv series.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just did a quick spin around the neighborhood and all I have to say is HOLY @#$% That 48/16 gear set up is quicker than I expected it to be.
Definitely need to work on my stopping, this thing just wants to go (short wheel base and super grippy tires)
Might have to take it out to the lake this weekend just ti avoid trffic till I get used to skidding again

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Spectacular ride. Totally not my thing, but [email protected], that's pretty :thumbsup:. I've enjoyed seeing the build and nearly finished bike. Hope you find some fun places to ride, and maybe post a few more pics?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.