Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
I have a shoe box full of shades that I don't like and I ride with a pair of 10 dollar specials that I bought at a gas station. They fit and they work.

I'm wearing them in my avatar pic.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have to wear Rx glasses, my sunglasses are Bucci, but they don't make them anymore and I haven't found a pair of frames in a while. I just replace the lenses with my rx and just like new. I been thinkin about goin with rudi project glasses, expensive, but very light and tough.

I use a pair of magnifiers for work, pretty specialized, from Rudi project and they are really something else(but $2500 is kinda steep). My insurance picks up some of the bill for the sunglasses though, so ain't so bad.

If you don't need rx glasses I think the UV/IR protection safety glasses are the best, some are really keep the wind of your eyes well and are cheap, couple bucks a pair.

DrB

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
when I used to wear glasses, I wore contacts so I could get a decent pair of sunglasses. Years ago I used to fly and cheap sunglasses were just not considered by anyone for a lot of reasons. One I never get the polarized lenses because they make reading displays difficult. Things like a bike computer screen can be really hard to read.

We also usually had more than one pair to grab that were different colors. A very light yellow works much better in fog, and some people preferred brown over the G 15 gray. Don't know many bikers out in heavy fog, and the color isn't as critical. The worst pair of sunglasses I ever had were prescription sunglasses made by an optical shop with my correction built into the glasses. Those were horrible.

Yeah some of the low ends now are better, but some can actually help damage the eyes. The old dark glasses would allow the eye to open up and allow more of the UV rays in, and that's not good. Look not only for UV A but UV B protection as well. UV A protection was common, but UV B less so.

I wore Ray Bans and still do, but when I got started Ray Bans were the gold standard. I have used other brands, though and frankly I came to the opinion that any good quality pair of glasses was probably just as good as the next. Comfort and style then were considerations. Wore a couple of brands that really just never felt comfortable for me, but were fine glasses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts