Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. I am a cyclist on a Giant OCR and a recumbent Lightening Phantom. I have had a few health issues in the past that now leaves me very sensitive to sun. I am doing the MS 150 Houston to Austin in April 2011. Has anyone found any really good sunscreen clothing for cyclists that breathe well? If so, Please advise.
I have tried "Frogwear" many years ago when I started diving and just loved it! But they have gone out of business. Shame!! Any thoughts, Pros-Cons?

Thank you,
Dmckham

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah I own "sun block clothing" I use for cycling. It is pretty inexpensive. For the top you take one Under Armour Heat Gear t-shirt that is any color but white and put it on. On any bare skin you apply as much of your favorite sun block that is rated at least spf 30 as you need. Be sure to apply along the inside of the neck on the front and back and just under the sleeves.

For the bottom it is just as simple and not too expensive. Take your favorite sun block, rated at least spf 30 and apply to any bare skin areas.

sun block or spf rated clothing is a farce. All you need is something that is not white, not transparent or so light in color and density that the sun can penetrate through and there is nothing to worry about.

If you need spf rated clothing perhaps you should stay in doors and away from windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts