Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have some sort of talisman/charm.necessity that you have when you ride?

For me, it's my Road ID. When I do not have it, I feel incredibly out of sorts.

I have a friend that always wears the same set of kit together. It isn't color coordinated, but if he has that jersey or those shorts with something else, he's out of sorts.

Anyone else?

I'm sure cell phones are up there but. . . . . .

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I guess my only necessity is my Road ID bracelet. I have one of the slim rubbery ones and I simply wear it 24/7. It's one of those things that if I have to put it on before a ride or jog, inevitably it will be sitting somewhere else the day I'm laying in a ditch and need it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Same here. Road ID. The only thing I wear on every ride or run(other than clothes...).

The last line on my road id "Respect the distance". Just a reminder to me...

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My road ID was in my wife's pocketbook for 2 days this week, cannot remember why.

Commuting this week for 2 days, I felt like a nervous wreck.

I know it is psychosomatic/warm blanket kind of thing, but still.

When I had to wear a helmet for work, I always had a laminated picture of my wife tucked up above the suspension straps. I figured if I met my demise working, I wouldn't die alone, if that makes any sense.

Strange things we find comfort in. . . .

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
And another one for RoadID. I wear it on every ride, regardless of where it's at or if my wife is riding with me.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Wow! I'm thinking Bobke should be doing commercials for Two Spoke from the way we support Road ID:D

Same here with the Road ID.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Aww I want to be in the club guess I need one too. It will save me from taking license out of my wallet.

My safety blanket is actuall my water bottle. It goes everywhere on and off the bike.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have a lugage tag I take with me Name home phone, wifes phone, Dr. phone, and a list of condishions, A fib, Crohnes, and 20$. It was the wifes idea you know no body no money. Just take the 20 and leave me on the front lawn.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Agua

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
I was just hApPy to see HER!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts