Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just filled out by predictions for the LBS TdF pool.

Here's what I got.
1)Evans
2)Wiggo
3)Nibali
Green: Probably the hardest call for me. I say Cav unless he drops out early to focus on London. In that case, I'll give it to Sagan. But, the pool allowed no buts, so I put Cav.
Polka Dot: Welcome to Hoogerland!
Fabian will win the Prologue. Phinney will take a TT (Stage 9 IMO)

I know Wiggo seems to have the best GT form so far this season, but I think BMC will be the superior team and Evans's experience at winning the race can't be discounted. I see at least one major tactical error or bad day for Wiggo losing him the Tour.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Unless Basso used his sad showing at the Giro to motivate him for the Tour (though by that point it's almost too late to alter the training enough to be TdF strong, IMO), I don't see much for him. I think Scarponi is not strong enough in the TTs to do well in this year's Tour.

And no, Sagan doesn't yet understand the tactics of a Grand Tour enough to finish high overall. Look at the Tour of California. He won what, 5 stages of the 8?, and still way down the overall there.

Of course, I don't mind being wrong. I'm just not. ;) Actually, arrogance like that is totally unlike me, but it's fun to pretend to be different sometimes. :)

Happy late birthday, by the way. Sounds like with all the stuff you ordered, you'll be enjoying it for a while.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I had to secretly wonder if Rola wears women's underwear. . .SHOOT! I meant I had to secretly wonder if Basso was holding back on the Giro for the TdF but it wouldn't make sense, why not win the tour of your home nation, you know?

I know Sagan is still young/inexperienced, I just have to wonder if he could pull it off, like a prodigy.

I'm done with the Schlecks, I do not understand all the media and fawning around them. Yeah Contador pulled a DB move, but still, enough already.

I'm not happy about Horner being out; really disappointed.

You're not arrogant, you're from Arkansas, you just do not know any better.

Hugs for the Rebel Resistance.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I'm hoping it all comes true=the wishes (we're going to Hopkins today for Little Drachen). As for the stuff I ordered, I'm down 23lbs in 9 weeks, I'm thinking commuting by bike is going to help that along!

·
889 Posts
I think the tour is open this year. Let's not forget Ryder Hesjedal as well. He could be a contender (I hope).

As for me, I'm just excited for the action and drama and Thomas Voeckler. Man, that dude has guts!

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
I wouldn't know where to start but it seems to me the field will be missing great names this year. Should make for an intresting TdF this year. Cleaning out the DVR to make room :)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally forgot about Goss for Green. Thoughts? I'm thinking he's strong enough to give Cav a run. Plus, even if Cav doesn't leave the Tour early, he'll still be thinking in the back of his mind about saving some for Olympic glory. And Sky will be thinking of working for the overall with Wiggo, not just helping Mark. GreenEdge really don't have a GC contender, so they can give Goss there all for stage wins and the Green Jersey. I haven't turned my form in yet, and I'm thinking I'm going to replace Cav with Goss.

·
Registered
823 Posts
As much as I would like to see Samuel Sanchez win, Team Esketel (however you spell it) is just too weak. So with that said, if I had to place a bet in Vegas my money would be on Cadel. BMC is strong and he'll have help in the mountains this year.

I like Hoogerland for the KOM as well, but hoping TeeJay VG gives him a run.

Green. Cav. I believe Cav wants Green more than Gold. Until someone steps up (Greipel. Go Lotto!) and beats him consistently, he's still the man.

Looking forward to this years tour as I believe it will be wide open.

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Say Whaaaaat?

12:19
Peloton stopped by protest...

While still in the neutral zone, the peloton has been forced to a halt by a passive protest with people blocking the road. There are five RadioShack-Nissan riders on the left side of the road, with van Garderen in white just beside Cancellara. They didn't seem too perturbed by the stopage... and, just now, they've started riding again.

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
___

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well my prologue prediction was right. Not sure it would have been without Martin's mechanical. Would have been close.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Xela did I miss something? Did he do a DB move that I don't yet understand? (Seriously I am learning this whole TDF thing.) I used to watch it, but did'nt watch it as a cyclist.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
omnivox42 said:
Xela did I miss something? Did he do a DB move that I don't yet understand? (Seriously I am learning this whole TDF thing.) I used to watch it, but did'nt watch it as a cyclist.
It just bugged me that he refused to do any work, sucked wheel all the way up the hill, then flexed as he crossed the line like he was the strongest. If you think you're the best, at least take a pull.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts