Teen Guilty of Killing Cyclist

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by pcrx, Jan 27, 2010.

1. pcrx

pcrx Recumbent Rider

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

After ten years of handling auto claims, I can assure you that it's incredibly unsafe to ride/drive in "nowhere", because as soon as you come out of nowhere, some jackass hits you.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I don't understand how you pass one cyclist within a foot but then the other came out of no where? What a horrible lie. What do the British do in this case?

4. dcswan

dcswan New Member

It's sad that some live by the "ignorance is bliss" attitude:(

5. Bikersalive

Bikersalive New Member

In the UK we are disgusted with the meagre sentences handed out by the Judiciary in these cases. The Teenager was warned that she faced a sentence of 'up to five years in prison'. If past cases are an indication of sentence, she will probably get a suspended sentence which means 'ziltch'!! She may have to pay a fine and get 3-6 points on her licence. What a sad state of affairs when our Judges are so lenient in these sort of cases.

If you want to get an idea of the strong feeling in the UK I suggest you view the Blog with the full report of the case.

6. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

this. a hundred times this.

it seems that people really need to keep an eye on more than "I need to get there fast"

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

The problem with speed in cars is the consequences are limited. It's the people on the outside you have to worry about. It bothers me that the British just let them off. That sucks.

8. dnllmchll

dnllmchll New Member

that's so sad ! it reminds me of an article I read on Play City at Youth Noise about a drunk driver running over a bicyclist (Cristophe Le Canne) and continuing to drive, pulling the bike with it! Check out the article here.

9. Retmuter

Retmuter Member

bump. OP is appropriate as it's once again spring time.

10. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

It's much sadder that Darwinism doesn't cull out the ignorance is bliss crowd making them the victims of their own ignorance. :mad: