Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hanging out with a friend and his kid a couple of nights ago and we are at a play scape in the middle of nowhere. No water, no bathrooms, just some equipment and an opportunity to look up my tetanus records. We had got done eating and were playing, as is of course the issue with kids, you tell them "Pee here, there's nowhere to pee where we are going.

"I don't have to."

"Ok you're three, I'm not going to argue."

We get out there when his little boy has to pee, no biggie, takes him off to the bushes, problem solved. 20 minutes later "Daddy, I have to pee.",

"OK, come with me." I take her off to the bushes, tell her to squat, she looks at me like I'm nuts.

"No, Pottie"

"Not available, just pee here."

"No, dogs pee in bushes." She pulls her pants up and says "I can wait.". We get home and she runs to her mother "Dad wants me to pee like a dog!"

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey, I didn't see anywhere where you told her to sniff the ground first!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I can't wait til you teach her about digging a cathole and hand her a shovel. Or better yet, teach her that she has to pack out any waste. It might be gross, but it is certainly not what dogs do!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't wait til you teach her about digging a cathole and hand her a shovel. Or better yet, teach her that she has to pack out any waste. It might be gross, but it is certainly not what dogs do!
It is too, you don't pick up after your dog?

She'll have fun camping... till she gets old enough to know shame.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It is too, you don't pick up after your dog?
Negative Ghost rider. I have a Boston Terrier and a fenced in yard. even with my German Shepherds that I owned in the past, the most I would do is take a hose to their droppings.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Being apparent is better than being transparent.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Being a parent is weird.
So I've got my older daughters that are Aussies, and my youngest that has been raised mostly LDS. On the one hand, we have the girls that can't say a complete sentence without swearing, on the other we have the one that gets admonished for saying "poop".

Had to go to school today, because the little one sent a text to a boy. She dropped the f bomb in a very angry way. I think I would rather pick my teenager up at the highway patrol station an hour away again, than have to stand there with a teacher and vice principal, reading the sent message from her phone.

Of course, I blame her teacher for failing her. She spelled "bastard" with an e.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I love churchgoing teenage girls, when they say things like "Alright you fockers, I have to tinkle now."

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I've got my older daughters that are Aussies, and my youngest that has been raised mostly LDS. On the one hand, we have the girls that can't say a complete sentence without swearing, on the other we have the one that gets admonished for saying "poop".

Had to go to school today, because the little one sent a text to a boy. She dropped the f bomb in a very angry way. I think I would rather pick my teenager up at the highway patrol station an hour away again, than have to stand there with a teacher and vice principal, reading the sent message from her phone.

Of course, I blame her teacher for failing her. She spelled "bastard" with an e.
Seems like public school fails another. Cursing was year one when I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I told her teacher he failed. Seriously. I said that we give him an obscene amount of our tax dollars to babysit our children, and he failed.

Then I remembered that this is Utah, and people have no sense of humor and don't understand sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

I hate to laugh, but that's just funny. I'm glad I have dogs instead of kids :)

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I told her teacher he failed. Seriously. I said that we give him an obscene amount of our tax dollars to babysit our children, and he failed.

Then I remembered that this is Utah, and people have no sense of humor and don't understand sarcasm.
What's up with that? The more fundamental the less of a sense of humor.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What's up with that? The more fundamental the less of a sense of humor.
Yup. Most fundamentalists seem to remove the fun, so they're just da mentals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts