the difference between two bikes

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by lonewolf, Mar 10, 2011.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf New Member

I have an older Raleigh mountain bike that has a 23" frame it's to tall for me I'm talking to a guy with a Huffy mountain bike that has an 19" frame that will fit me.

What would you think about an even swap? Do you think both these these to be about the same quality?

I planning on using it for road/hard trail bike so I'll be putting some kind or road tires on it.

2. chibibike

chibibike Banned

i don't see how you can have good performace for both with one bike, it sounds like two extremes. but the number one thing that matters on a bike is the fit so go with the huffy one. you can always change the tires and stuff down the road if you need some different performance.

3. cwtrials

cwtrials Biking With a Mission

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

By hard trail, do you mean hardpack? I'm not trying to talk smack about your bike, but Huffy does not make mountain bikes. It would be perfectly fine for smooth dirt roads though.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I think this Stone mountain is Huffys version of a mountain bike. I striped the gears and shifters off this and use it as a single speed

Attached Files:

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

In all fairness, that Huffy isn't much different than my first MTB. But the new ones with the "suspension fork" and rear coil spring that sell for $99 frighten me.