Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, why is it that I like American Football?

I think it is the legalised warfare, the razzamatazz, the statistics.the playbook planning and the fact it looks to be a good family day out with picnics and beer and that (in good weather). I am also not averse to the occasional cheerleader.

For some reason I follow the Green Bay Packers cos they seem to be a 'family' team historically. Don't shout at me.

So, who (if anybody) do you follow?

No bickering now! :cool:

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
I love football but have no particular team that I follow. My wife is an avid Ny Giants fan so the season opener with the Cowgirls did not go well in our household. My loving daughter bought my wife 2 tickets in row 11 and I forget the section to the Ny Gaints vs. the Redskins game Monday Dec. 3rd, for her birthday so we are going to spend a few days up in DC for the game :) Should be fun.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love football but have no particular team that I follow. My wife is an avid Ny Giants fan so the season opener with the Cowgirls did not go well in our household. My loving daughter bought my wife 2 tickets in row 11 and I forget the section to the Ny Gaints vs. the Redskins game Monday Dec. 3rd, for her birthday so we are going to spend a few days up in DC for the game :) Should be fun.
It does sound wonderful. When I finally get my lazy backside over to the Staes one day, I have to go to a real game. Enjoy:)

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
I'm not a big fan but will watch a game if there is nothing else on. I tend to follow the Bucs, only because they are the local home team. I used to be a Packer's fan when Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr kept them on top.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rugby for the win!
S'funny. Over here rugby fans don't like American Football cos they think why do you need padding. They forget, that you don't have to be holding the ball when you get mashed. I think was there was a test done a few years ago where NFL players tried rugby and Rugby League players tried AF. They both said, they would not play the others sport as it was a bit rough.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Admit it... You just like being inthe middle of the scrum :eek:
... and I bet he is not averse to having his bare arse flicked with a wet towel in the showers after the game.....;)

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I follow the Jets only because they are the most hated of the Patriots foes.

Every man woman and child has a Patriots tattoo or Brady jersey around here. They were a better team to watch when they stunk. At least you could relate to thier struggles and root for them to impove. Now they are at the level that they can only offer you excuses when then dont succeed. They truely have become the evil empire of the NFL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts