Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a mountain bike. And while I have already pretty much decided what I want, while I'm scrounging up the cash for it I figured I'd start browsing Craig's List daily to see if something similar were to come up for a good price.

What a mistake... no, I haven't found a mountain bike of interest, but I *have* found at least 5 or 6 road bikes that are screaming my name.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'm in the market for a mountain bike. And while I have already pretty much decided what I want, while I'm scrounging up the cash for it I figured I'd start browsing Craig's List daily to see if something similar were to come up for a good price.

What a mistake... no, I haven't found a mountain bike of interest, but I *have* found at least 5 or 6 road bikes that are screaming my name.
Go figure huh??:rolleyes:

Always the case that I can find great deals on something I would like, but not necessarily what I'm looking for, or need..

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
If I am not looking fo it is there, if I am looking for it not there.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the other case is I find good deals when I can't afford them. Found an excellent deal on CL last night for the same basic mountain bike I'm looking for only a year older and he wants a little more than half what a new one is going for. I won't have the money until the end of the month and there's zero chance the bike will still be available then. If it is, there's probably something wrong with it. Sigh....

Go figure huh??:rolleyes:

Always the case that I can find great deals on something I would like, but not necessarily what I'm looking for, or need..

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
And the other case is I find good deals when I can't afford them. Found an excellent deal on CL last night for the same basic mountain bike I'm looking for only a year older and he wants a little more than half what a new one is going for. I won't have the money until the end of the month and there's zero chance the bike will still be available then. If it is, there's probably something wrong with it. Sigh....
I'm afraid of CL....for many reasons, a skinny wallet being the biggest!

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
I'm afraid of CL....for many reasons, a skinny wallet being the biggest!

Yeah that's my problem looking at any site right now lol to many toys to little loot

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I like CL... when it works out.

I've seen and met some pretty creepy folk in the employment sections when I had to use them.

One guy was looking for money to start a mobile food service, why he posted a want ad made no sense to me.

·
Just Plain Bitter!
72 Posts
CL is a giant PITA to sell to stuff on. Specially big ticket items. For every real buyer contact you get you also get at least 3 Ethiopian check scammers and another three low ballers that want you to give them the item you are selling. I have had good luck with At the Curb section and buying good items at reasonalbe price if you know what you are looking for. In SoCal buying a "Vinatage" is an effort in desperation as every hipster around here thinks POS is worth $800 bucks because it is vintage!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts