Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a vintage Raleigh 10 speed bike, circa 1970's / 1980's. My previous bike was a 1973 Raleigh Record. I now have a Grand Prix bike that is too big for me. I am 5'5". What size Raleigh would be right for me ? I cannot remember the size of the Raleigh Record that I did have. But the Grand Prix is a 502 with 26-27 inch tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
any bike can be ridden as long as you know how to drive a bike.... but the comfort of riding would be crucial. i would suggest try different bikes that will suit your comfort.

thanks... ride safe...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Barb its not wheel size that will matter but frame size. There is a chart that can get you close based on height ect, but its not perfect. Close and probably close enough for most as a general guide.

If you are a beginner, or just getting back into riding after a very long time off (as I did and effectively a beginner again) stop by your local bike store. You might be best served as that vintage 10 speed being your second bike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am looking for a vintage Raleigh 10 speed bike, circa 1970's / 1980's. My previous bike was a 1973 Raleigh Record. I now have a Grand Prix bike that is too big for me. I am 5'5". What size Raleigh would be right for me ? I cannot remember the size of the Raleigh Record that I did have. But the Grand Prix is a 502 with 26-27 inch tires.
What size is your Grand Prix frame? Any pictures of it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts