The Rules...time for review

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by rola643, Mar 25, 2011.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Kinda made me laugh with all the "Fred" talk going here lately.

The Rules !

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Garilia

Garilia New Member

some of them made lol

3. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

Rule 9:
    If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

yep i am a badass..... i like the rules i think i will follow the rules, i may have the rules tattooed on my thigh!

qmsdc15 and az_cyclist like this.
  4. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Getting tattooed with the rules breaks the rules. Trouble is there are at least a half dozen I have broken too, but then again I really don't care. I know I'm a Fred.

5. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Is there the rule about not being able to simply drink from a water bottle but you have to hold the bottle 6"-10" in front of your face and squirt it into your mouth?

6. rola643

I think my faves were # 20, 58, and 74.

7. rola643

lol, Nope, don't think it made it.

8. Nigal

I loved Rule #4 simply because I think twatwaffle is one of the best words ever and I loved the video link for rule #5.

9. rola643

I missed the link, but yeaaaa the video was good and your right twatwaffle just kinda rolls off the tongue if you will :D

--------

One other rule I didn't see was the snot rocket rule.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  10. Nigal

Nothing more embarrassing when one blows up on the launch pad and ends up crashing on your cheek.

11. SprocketGirl

i almost got fired yesterday for calling one of the office mates a twatwaffle... liked it and had to use it. even if i had been fired it would have been totally worth it.

i vote no on snot rockets... they should be banned from the sport. okay, not just the sport but just flat out banned. sorry, in advance to all you rocketing engineers.

12. Nigal

The only time snot rockets are bad is if you aren't the lead in the pace line. If you are in the rear munching on a burrito then, yeah, I could see your point. LOL!

13. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

No snot rocket, no coach's hankie. That's just bad manners. I had a first date once at the peak of allergy season, and I pulled out an actual hankie and started sneezing into it. My date couldn't decide if that was cute and polite, or made me look like an old man. She didn't last long.

14. Garilia

Garilia New Member

I hafta agree with Nigal about the HTFU video and with all of you about twatwaffle.

Well played Sprocket Girl!

15. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I like 10, 23's harsh, I sometimes break 27 (too short), always break 29 and 33, the straps on the new Specialized Prevail force me to break 37, where's 38?, 62 Immerse yourself in the rhythm and pain is awesome, always wondered about 63, the guy trying to take the hill from me on the Thursday night group ride this week needs to know about the last sentence of 65, I have lots of trouble following 71, Merckx have mercy: love it!.

Thanks, Rola! I thoroughly enjoyed that.

16. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

If you think firing a snot rocket on a diamond frame bike is hard try it on a recumbent. It takes a lot of creativity, and strategic planning and can only be done in a head wind.

17. rola643

Hmmm...maybe 38 was where the snot rocket rule was to have been applied. 33 is'nt even a player in my book...just aint gonna happen!

18. SprocketGirl

hack, i like that you carry a hankie... if i scraped my knee you could tend to it, assuming the hankie had not already been used for its designed purpose.

good points by everyone Xela, i totally agree

23 made me laugh

19. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Spring apparently took the weekend off. It was low to mid-30s today, light rain, and light sleet on the ride. Sleet on the face at about 20 mph does not feel good, but the weather allowed me to adhere to rules 9 and 21.

20. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

I felt really bad this weekend for the guys that were doing one of the local half iron man triathlons. It started with a 300 meter swim, out into cold maybe 50 degree weather for a 13 mile bike ride. Then to a 5k run. Coming from the pool out into that cold I would suspect there were more than a few pulled hamstrings.