Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Patrol Biker
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking around thinking about buying a Surley "big dummy"just because its different and looks like it may be fun to ride, any idea what the best deal is for a frame for one of those, im thinking it would be a fun build up over time... any pro's con's? anyone even know much about the "Surley" name? ive never heard of them till recently

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Do you really think there's a chance you're going to ever haul 200+ pounds on a bike? That would definitely be impressive! I'm currently longing for a Salsa Fargo. Seems to have more than enough carrying capacity for anything I would ever do.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
The Big Dummy is on my list of toys one day when I got the shop to work on it and the money to buy it LOL :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am currently riding a Salsa Ala Carte with the Xtracycle Free Radical long tail kit. I love long tail bikes. I have been interested in the BD for some time now & just purchased one used online yesterday. One reason for going ahead and getting one is I need the larger 22in frame this one has. My Ala Carte is a 20in with EVERYTHING raised to the max. Long tail bikes are just plain FUN. It's great carrying loads and passengers, But besides that they are just plain fun. Oh I said that already...Be careful, If you ride a long tail for any period of time you may never go back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh yeah, If you wonder what BD owners think about their rigs. Try finding an used one for sale... The one I found ,the guy NEEDED MONEY...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts