Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody;

Been gearing up for the short summer in Fairbanks and I'm looking for a third hand brake tool. Keep missing them on Ebay. Whats the going rate and who could I buy a new one from.

Thanks,

Mark May
[email protected]

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Have you tried a bike shop, or do they not have them in Fairbanks? There's a guy on eBay that usually has good deals on new tools. Not hard to find with a bit of searching.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
Are you downtown Fairbanks? Becuase from what I remember, there's a Fred Meyer's downtown, and they would definitely have something you could use like a bar clamp.

Attachments

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
Nah, it's just the tool you use to squeeze your brakes while you're installing/adjusting them.
yup. If you can compress the brakes, then you're able to use your other "two hands" to make sure the cables are efficiently dialed in... but I seem to get along fine without one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
yup. If you can compress the brakes, then you're able to use your other "two hands" to make sure the cables are efficiently dialed in... but I seem to get along fine without one :rolleyes:
yea, haven't used on in years. But now that my mind's been jogged, I think I'll look in the "Box of sh..." to see if it's still there.

I kind of man-handle my brakes if they get un-centered, and never have problems adjusting cable or trim w/o third hand tool.

But IIRC, older style brakes were a little more difficult than modern side-pulls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts