This exists?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by cbman, Aug 16, 2009.

1. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

I found this video on Youtube of "snow biking". I thought they meant with tires but instead they have skies on their bikes... amusing:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNW_Y3OOb4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNW_Y3OOb4[/ame]

2. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I grew up in Colorado, this isn't new we had things like that not as cool but it had 2 skis like that and had the same potential to completely mess up your hair. And most of the rest of your body. Lots of fun to watch someone use one for the first time.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Is there a way to gain speed w/o the down hill?

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

5. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Has anyone ever tried to make one versus buying one? If so post some pics! It would be interesting to see some homemade rigs.

6. Ted

Ted Guest

Amazing, rocket bikes! I'd start building one tonight but Acme says there on back order. Beep Beep!

7. Ted

Ted Guest

If I attached Bottle rockets to a Huffy do think it would do the same thing?

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sure just take pictures and keep us all informed.

9. Drcharen

Drcharen New Member

I have a snow bike. It was my dads when he was a kid and we found it in my grandparents attic when we were cleaning out there house when they were moving to florida for good. it must be from the '60's but still works great! i love it its so much fun.

10. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Actually we did this in the 60's with regular bikes modified with skis, I can't believe we survived the experience, we crashed a lot....HARD:eek:

We used short kids skis, problem was trying to keep them attached to the bikes, clearance was another problems, had to remove the cranks...hadn't thought about this in decades, we were laughing so hard doin it, we didn't know how much it hurt... AHHH to be young again, I was about 15 or 16 at the time.

Sorry, no pics I know of...did they have cameras back then?:D
    DrB

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009