Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed the originality of this. I don't believe I have ever received conformation of shipment in this fashion before !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The packing temple has released your Après Vélo order.

Dear Rola,

It is my pleasure to inform you that your Après Vélo order has been sent from our packing temple.

You will be pleased to know that I personally supervised our production team as they meticulously printed your garment and delicately hand stitched it with the very finest cotton threads from far away lands. I then observed as it was given a luxurious wash in the finest of Italian stone baths filled with our secret recipe of 7 essential softening oils, to inspire feelings of comfort and tranquillity when wearing your most cherished Après Vélo item.

It was with great delight that I witnessed our highly trained expert from Japan check the seams and quality of your prized possession so that when you wear it for all the world to see, you look magnificent and represent our noble sport of cycling with “cool” credibility. I watched as they meticulously inserted our care label and canvas swing tag, and then delicately pressed and folded your garment. Your order was then carried proudly aloft to our packaging temple, where our white-gloved staff gently packed your “work of art”.

I could only smile as it was collected by six fine cycle couriers resplendent in Après Vélo gear. The clattering of 100 cowbells & cheering from staff was deafening, as your order was cycled away to our depot for collection by our transport company. We are blissfully exhausted, but look forward to hopefully inspiring you once again with our passion for all things cycling.

Thank-you once again, we truly appreciate that it is you, our customer, that puts the carb-rich food on our table.

The Big Cog and the Après Vélo team

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
That's frickin' awesome! I might have to order something just to get such a confirmation myself!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Yeah, nice when companies put a little extra effort in. Sufferfest also has a similarly well written and hilarious order confirmation.

Hi,

They say that inspiration is to be found in simple gestures. When the word went out around Sufferfest Studios that you bought a copy of our video, a hush descended.

Now, here was a champion!
Here was courage!
Here was someone willing to be put to the sword for honor, for glory!

Into the distance we stared, forgetting our daily work for a moment. We imagined you filling your water bottle, adjusting your heart-rate strap, stepping over your bike. And we imagined you starting, legs spinning, mind finely tuned, spirit focused on one goal: suffer like a greased pig at a rodeo. We reflected on your incredible determination during the intervals, and your peaceful tranquility during the recovery.

One of the more literate members of staff, paraphrasing Plato, jumped up and shouted “For one to conquer oneself is the first and noblest of all victories!” And another responded, in the words of Proust, “We are healed from suffering only by experiencing it to the full!” A raucous cheer went up and there was some chatter about you, your vast potential as an athlete, and the rumors of you being ‘the next big thing.’ A wishing to be more like you crossed the faces of a few.

And then - pity. An instant when we thought of your riding buddies. Of how they go about their innocent ways, how they delude themselves that, on the next ride, they will be the stronger. Oh, the fools! Do they even comprehend the kicking they are going to get when you’re next out with them? Do they have even the briefest inkling that you will not be the same rider? We shuddered.

Our bodies turned back to our work, but our minds lingered on your commitment. You have inspired us. Thank you.

David McQuillen
Sufferfest Studios in Singapore

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna have to go back and look. I ordered a couple of those from Sufferfest last year and don't recall that. I do remember them/him be just awesome to deal with !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts