Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of these two bikes? THey our priced at over 2000 dollars but they seem like nice bikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can afford it get the carbon 1. It's obviously the better bike. They're both two different levels of the same bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 11' Quick Carbon 2 with Shimano 105's. Changed the stem to matte black Cannondale stem with Easton EC90Sl low rise carbon handlebar and added short ergo bar ends (easy on the hands). I love the bike it's quick, light, and can handle packed dirt when the road ends. I ride mostly paved roads and this bike is smooth but you can get aggesvise with no problem. The 3rd chainring was eliminated from both 2012 Carbon models as well adding flatter handle bar. I like the granny gear especially in my area.

·
8 Posts
I have the 2010 Quick 1 with Ultegra, carbon forks and rear stays, compact double, Mavic Aksium Race wheels. The bike is quick, light and the SAVE aluminum frame really smooths out the ride. Did my first century on my Quick the last full day of winter last Monday. Felt so good I did a metric century the next day. The ride is as good as my Sirrus Pro (CF).

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
You could spend a lot more on a hybrid. :)

Seven Expat S
Hey, that's not a hybrid! I meant to post an image of this bike. Seven Expat SL. Wider tires, wider, lower gearing, disc brakes, flat bars.

Warning, the seatpost clamp on the Cannondale Quick bikes has been problematic for some. It is a proprietary design and can't be replaced with a standard clamp.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I have the 2010 Quick 1 with Ultegra, carbon forks and rear stays, compact double, Mavic Aksium Race wheels. The bike is quick, light and the SAVE aluminum frame really smooths out the ride. Did my first century on my Quick the last full day of winter last Monday. Felt so good I did a metric century the next day. The ride is as good as my Sirrus Pro (CF).
Post pictures in the hybrid picture thread please!

Many think long rides require drop bars, but I can see why your Quick could be more comfortable than one of your road bikes for century rides. Do you have bar ends?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts