Thread stars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IanHighfield, Jan 7, 2010.

1. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

When you see a group of stars along side a thread heading does that mean it's a popular thread? I ask because down in Electronics there is a GPS thread that does not seem to be especially popular as to responses or views. It's not a dead thread but it does not seem to stand out. And who puts stars on threads and what is the standard?

It's early in the morning as I write this. I'm drinking coffee and waiting for the morning papers. I bore easily. Thanks.

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

It's a thread rating. It doesn't necessarily mean the thread is popular but rather that someone (or several someones) like or dislike it enough to rate it.

[​IMG]

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Yep thread rating. There is a cool program on another forum I visit where you can flag a thread and then at the bottom of the forum index it shows the top flagged threads for the day, week and month.

4. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Like or dislike. Either of those is good with me. Thanks all, and thanks Ryan for the graphic. I'm better with pictures.

5. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

It is true, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm not sure how my posting of pictures affects the site owners bandwith bill each month but I think pictures are infinitely better (in many situations) to pages full of text-only communication.

Unrelated picture...
    [​IMG]