Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IanHighfield, Dec 13, 2009.

1. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

What's your thoughts on Tiger Woods? Today's papers have a few quotes from Tiger in 2006 when footballer Michael Vick got pinched with his dogs. Tiger's heard to say he (Vick) should be forthcoming and air his laundry quickly and to the point. Come forward, face it like a man.

Tiger is doing no such thing himself in his time. Hiding in the weeds at the moment. All very quiet. Maybe Vick should publicly suggest Woods hold a forum.

I don't golf but Tiger Woods is the biggest thing in sport today. It's the only thing people are talking about over here. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

2. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Well...
    Vick is a dirt bag crap hole.
    BUT... he served his time, paid his pound of flesh and is doing restitution as a spokesperson for the Humane Society or some such.

I don't think Tigers...issue is an affront to society or not.

Me:
    I like Tiger, and have lost some respect for him.

3. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Exactly how I see it. I love dogs. Vick's actions were those of a damaged mind. Woods is only hurting his family. (I wish I had his mojo with the lasses)

4. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

I wonder if Woods is out to save his marrage or his wealth? I bet he has been surrounded by yes people rather than regular folk (the type that tell me when I go off course). After all these years his perspective and behavior is pretty far from normal. Does he really want normal ethics and family values or just preserve his wealth and earning power?

Is there a bike racer that compares to Tiger? Is cycling a sport that keeps the elite more grounded? Haven't heard about golf doppers.

5. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I could really care less. I just wish the media IE the public would stop caring as well and move on to topics that actually matter.

6. mike047

mike047 New Member

I could care less, also.

It is sad when our sport figures/celebrities get more media coverage than a service member killed in action.

7. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

[​IMG]
    Elin, Tiger wanted to bring you here today because he has a secret he wants to share with you...

8. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Dealing with trained pitbulls that can rip you to shred is a completely different situation than dealing with a wife you've cheated on. The dogs are safer.

I think here in the states we just tired of hearing about it. The media just keeps shoving down our throats. Well, not mine because I turn tv off.

9. archbarb

archbarb New Member

First, I am not one to judge folks, but for years I always felt that his MR. CLEAN image was a front. Don't really know why I thought that. I often scare my wife with how I see things and it often turns out true:eek:!!!!!

10. KShep

KShep Zensunni Wanderer

+1...bad judgement but hardly worth all the hoopla. Like the Kobe Bryant mess this too will blow over.

11. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I couldn't care less; the only thing it is to me is a source of low humor.

Like, 'hey, tiger's whole game is about puttin' one in the hole.'

12. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Or my favorite: What's Tiger's favorite golf club?

A sand wench.

13. Cyclomatic

Cyclomatic Guest

I saw on the "News" last night that his wife is leaving him. I hate the news. I wanted to catch the weather and I have to sift through 10 minutes of %^&$ in order to find out. They should put the weather at the top of the hour so I can switch back top the Simpsons earlier.

14. synack

synack The Back Row

I don't see how his business is any of ours..

JMHO. :)

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

This thread is like a comedy club in the 90's the only reason you remember it is cause I just brought it up for no reason.

16. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

You're going waaayyyy back!

17. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

The past ads perspective.

I find myself now as I find myself then, easily amused and throughly entertained.

18. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Well don't go changing. We like you just the way you are.

19. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Thanks! It's nice to be appreciated.