Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've always had a problem when lubricating my bicycle chain, I could never tell where I started to apply the lube. I now have a solution. I lace a piece of string though one of the chain links and tie it in a tight loop. I use the string as a start / stop indicater. The string will pass through the shifter with no problems. I apply the lube and then remove the string.

BobH

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I just start at the conecting link or mark the chain with a yellow wax marker

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
I just keep applying it until I get tired. Sometimes it takes hours sometimes it only takes a few minutes. It is best to relube your chain after a ride or before sex. If you do it after a ride then you are tired and will only spin the chain through 12-15 full revolutions. Same as before sex but not due to being tired but do to lack of time or caring about the lubing of your chain. My advice is to do it after a ride. The results are more desirable.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Use a marker? I just go until I see a wet link, no marker needed. But whatever works is my motto.

I beat my chain against an oil soaked dummy, and after 3 or 4 whacks it's pretty will lubed. This also helps with my anger issues.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Use a marker? I just go until I see a wet link, no marker needed. But whatever works is my motto.

I beat my chain against an oil soaked dummy, and after 3 or 4 whacks it's pretty will lubed. This also helps with my anger issues.
I'm gonna have to keep this method in mind next time I'm due!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts