Tips for biking more

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cmil, Jan 26, 2010.

1. cmil

cmil Semi-Nubie

Hello!

I ran across this forum while searching for information on training and increasing my base of knowledge about both road and mountain biking. I pretty much am as novice as it comes in both arenas and I want to get more into riding for both the exercise, and for some competitive aspects. Im a currently a student and I will be graduating this spring with a bachelors in science, and then Im off to training as a Field Artillery Lieutenant in the army. Im a pretty avid runner (although like most things I want to get more focused and in better shape that way as well) and Im interested in doing a sprint triathlon this summer hopefully. I have a scantante r660 for my road bike and a mongoose tyax as my mt bike (entry level I know but its all I really need) Im hoping to learn more about technique and just general information here as many terms elude me like its a foreign language.

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Welcome to the forums!

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Welcome, hope you find what you are looking for here. If not ask, there is a lot of helpful people here who have little bicycles ridden by blood cells in their veins. And they are more than happy to help out.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome! And don't listen to these guys, they both ride pink trikes. With baskets. And streamers. ;)

5. cmil

cmil Semi-Nubie

Haha thanks for the tip Industry. Im assuming yours is purple? I appreciate the replies, I was beginning to think that there wasnt much response on this forum when there no one posted anything! But now im relieved!

6. Industry_Hack

Purple and black. Pretty edgy for a trike. But that's what fixed gear is all about...

7. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

[​IMG]

Jealous much? :D

*basket is in the shop after a mean crash while riding urban trials with it.

8. Industry_Hack

Awesome color coordination.

9. cmil

cmil Semi-Nubie

Hes even got the bell...watch out now

10. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi .... ..

Attached Files: