Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if my rear tire pressure might be a little too low.

Side wall bulges a little more than I would like, and I feel like the rear tire "bucks" a little as it hits bumps on my "high" speed downhill section (~20 mph is as fast as I dare with this handling.). I also feel like my front tire is not skipping over these bumps and kind of "digging in"

Should I try increasing my pressures?

Thanks

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
You didn't mention what kind of TP you are using now or the tire size or your weight. I use 114 psi rear, 110 front and I tip the scales at 178 using 700x23c.

Try this to start

http://sheldonbrown.com/tires.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just getting started and I don't have a way to check yet, getting ready to go get a gauge and pump. I'm currently 185lbs so it sound like I need to get those pressures up, time to get a gauge I guess!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Footoflead07 said:
Just getting started and I don't have a way to check yet, getting ready to go get a gauge and pump. I'm currently 185lbs so it sound like I need to get those pressures up, time to get a gauge I guess!
A good pump will have a gauge on it. Check tire recommendations and see how they work for you.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sounds like you're running too low a pressure. As Hazy mentioned, you need a good pump and gauge. I run 115lbs front and back on 700x23c's and I weigh 155lbs. I could probably get away with less pressure, but the ride doesn't bother me so no need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts