Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VICG
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Since this is a biking forum I thought I could get a more reliable answer here. I have a Scott Sportster P6 hybrid which came with 700x37c tires and was told that I can safely go down to 700x20c, is this correct?

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Shoot, unless you're REALLY light weight, or going competitive, there's no real reason to go below 700x25; rim width is also, a concern, too wide a rim won't handle a too-skinny tire -- kinda like putting Daisy Dukes on Roseanne.

·
VICG
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tire size

I'm debating if I should go with a 28c. 30c or 32c what do you think? As I told you this is a hybrid and I'll be riding with my brother who will be using his road bike and so will his friends. they like to go fast at times so speed is what I'm really concerned with.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
A light 28mm tire. I have some while 28mm wide Fyxation tires on my Windsor, and they're super fat and tall, and weigh a lot, especially compared to the 25mm tires they replaced. Coming from a 37mm tire, you can get high pressure and light weight, which will help you out a bit.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Shoot, unless you're REALLY light weight, or going competitive, there's no real reason to go below 700x25; rim width is also, a concern, too wide a rim won't handle a too-skinny tire -- kinda like putting Daisy Dukes on Roseanne.
I just threw up a little...
Yep, me to. He could have come up with so many other comparisons that would not have involved the woman of my childhood lustful thoughts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts