Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Thoughts on Vittoria Open Corsa, and Diamante? In my experience the Diamantes are very sketchy on wet pavement.
A while back there was a nice thread about tires and I believe those were brought up. I used the Vittoria but I can't remember now which ones and did not care for them.

·
Just A Member
7 Posts
Vittos Open Corsa Evo CX and their tubular equivalent are indeed not the best for anything but dry. Corsa SC are way better in that department (while having all great characteristics of CX) but one must like the beige walls as they do not come in any other color flavor. Diamante - sorry but there just is nothing great about this tire. Average in every aspect. A fantastic and good looking alternative to Open Corsa Evo CX is Veloflex Corsa 23 (new 2012 model). Veloflex is what remained of Vittoria (in Italy) after their move to Thailand. All hand made carefully and superbly - excellent tire and similarly priced to Open Corsa CX. But these tires are not very durable and they are a bit more prone to puncture than just slightly 'slower' tires. IMHO GP 4000S (or a bit faster Attack/Force system) is a great choice and for ones that don't like Contis there are Schwalbe Ultremo ZX and, a bit slower but more puncture resistant and durable, Ultremo DD. Michelin has a great new PRO 4 line with SC in the middle, SC Comp on the higher end, and SC Enduro for off-season training. And then there are other brands but I've not ridden on them. Many many good options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts