Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Shirley
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hectic week at my place. New carpet coming today, roofing and windows estimates (storm damage) this afternoon. Crazy busy at work, and this weekend is my 4 month old daughters baptism!

In all the planning and appointments, I haven't ridden in over a week!

Silver lining is I did just order new cycling shorts, seat bag, and tool kit. Should be here today.

Anyone else get those weeks where it's just too busy to ride?

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Yes and no. I get really busy, but I force time to ride; in this cae my daughter turns 3 in a week and a half so it becomes a lot easier as they get older as they don't require as much round-the-clock care.

I commute by bike a few times a week, so sometimes that is my only riding time, otherwise it may be 9 at night but I'll go around the block a few times just to get some time in the saddle. I cannot tell you the last time I was on a club ride!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I constantly have to fight with my schedule to make time for riding. There's always 20 things just waiting to fill up my spare time if I let them.

Luckily if I go more than 3-4 days without a ride my wife says I get 'grumpy' and insists that I go ride :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Speaking of that ride home, Knee, how did the cleanup on the bike go? Was it much trouble getting the sealant off and the shine and grip back?

·
Too Much Good Food
91 Posts
I hope to ride tonight. I haven't been riding as much for a couple of months. It is summer in South Louisiana. 95 degrees with 95% hummidity isn't my favorite riding weather. Only around 90 degrees today so I'm hoping to get in 12-15 miles this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I hear ya. I have not ridden my bike since the shop ride on Saturday. Feel guilty. I have done the gym thing this week which left me in need of recovery, then I had to take a trip to our COLO in Austin. Wish I had my bike because Austin has HILLS!

·
Don't Call Me Shirley
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well all in all a good day. Carpet is in, new roof is scheduled and on budget, and our home appraisal is done. Now we wait for the weekend.

In the meantime my shorts came today, so I'm going on a long overdue ride!

Cheers!

·
600 Posts
I'm a self employed mobile PC Tech, so I can get a call at a moment's notice. Makes it tough to fit rides in at times. I finally got to do 10 mi. this eve., haven't been on the bike since last Tues.

I could have went longer, but when it gets dark I come in off the road.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Speaking of that ride home, Knee, how did the cleanup on the bike go? Was it much trouble getting the sealant off and the shine and grip back?

Actually, pretty good. I had the LBS take care of it, they have an Ozzy cleaning station, took 3 mechanics an hour and a half. It looks really, really good, brakes are spot on, etc. Still smells like the sealant, but oh well.

They only charged me the standard cleaning rate ($18) so I rewarded them with some Fat Tire Ale, a shop favorite.

Take care of your mechanics and LBS, they'll take care of you.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
No malice intended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts