Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a fast ride on my '53 Schwinn Tornado.
Man, that was a lot of work! The Tornado is my oldest bike. I have other single speeds. I just picked up a big framed men's 1973 Speedster single speed with relatively narrow tires. It was a lot of fun to stand up and pedal hard up the hills around my house! No worries about the gears slipping like on some of the 3 speeds that I have. The patina on this bike is awesome!
My wife and I will probably going riding on the Canal tomorrow. She on her Diamdback Street Fleet, I may take the old Tornado! The canal road is fairly flat. My only concern is the original tires!
I have about 100 older and vintage multi-speed bikes, but these older single speed bikes are just plain fun to ride!

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Pics?

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Perfect Rat I love it those are some of my favorite bikes have yet to get one though LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great little bike! The tires blew off after about a mile or so! First the front tire, then the back one! Bang!..Bang! Within seconds of each other! Loud! Like two shot gun blasts! Luckily, we were almost home! No long pushing! I'll have new tires on it befor the week is over!
It would be hard to replicate the patina on this bike! I'm guessing that these bikes were hand striped!

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Great little bike! The tires blew off after about a mile or so! First the front tire, then the back one! Bang!..Bang! Within seconds of each other! Loud! Like two shot gun blasts! Luckily, we were almost home! No long pushing! I'll have new tires on it befor the week is over!
It would be hard to replicate the patina on this bike! I'm guessing that these bikes were hand striped!

Long as ya ain't going fast it is rather fun hearing how loud a tire is when she blows.

Some of those bikes were hand striped back then. I have an old German single from the late 70s to very early 80s the bike wasn't striped but the fenders were.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts