Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Tour de Cure rides today? Rocked the NW Arkansas one. Pretty tough route for a charity ride. 5000 ft of elevation gain, mostly in the 40 to 60 mile section.

Wore my Tripel Karmeliet jersey for the first time. Thanks, Mom! Also, me a new buddy. Me and Tom (2nd in photo) pulled each other the last 56 miles. The hills really kept the group sizes down.

I refueled tonight with Mellow Mushroom. A small pizza chain. Highly recommend. Excellent beer selection, too. Had Boulevard's Double Wide and Avery's IPA. Hops reigned tonight.

IMG_4475.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Thank you for your efforts! My girlfriend has Type 1, and did a walk for diabetes last weekend. It's not the worst thing to live with, but certainly an inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Industry_Hack! It is one of my favorite events of the year. It's got such a positive vibe about it. My mom has type II and one of my good friends has type I. He just found out about it a couple of years back, when he was near comatose and had to go to the emergency room. I think it was a wake-up call for him. He started riding with me after that, and is now hooked. His general fitness has improved a lot, and he's a lot leaner now than he was before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts