Tour de Cure

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Xela, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Any other Tour de Cure rides today? Rocked the NW Arkansas one. Pretty tough route for a charity ride. 5000 ft of elevation gain, mostly in the 40 to 60 mile section.

Wore my Tripel Karmeliet jersey for the first time. Thanks, Mom! Also, me a new buddy. Me and Tom (2nd in photo) pulled each other the last 56 miles. The hills really kept the group sizes down.

I refueled tonight with Mellow Mushroom. A small pizza chain. Highly recommend. Excellent beer selection, too. Had Boulevard's Double Wide and Avery's IPA. Hops reigned tonight.

IMG_4475.jpg

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Thank you for your efforts! My girlfriend has Type 1, and did a walk for diabetes last weekend. It's not the worst thing to live with, but certainly an inconvenience.

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Thanks, Industry_Hack! It is one of my favorite events of the year. It's got such a positive vibe about it. My mom has type II and one of my good friends has type I. He just found out about it a couple of years back, when he was near comatose and had to go to the emergency room. I think it was a wake-up call for him. He started riding with me after that, and is now hooked. His general fitness has improved a lot, and he's a lot leaner now than he was before.