Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes folks, the Tour de Fat will once again be meandering and pandering through the streets of San Diego on October 1st, 2011. The event celebrates the "bike life" while raising funds for San Diego Mountain Biking Association, and the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition. Included is a festival at the start-finish line in Golden Hill Park, and the annual car-for-bike swap where one person hands over his or her car keys and commits to one year of living car-free.

The festivities start with the Bike parade with registration at 10 am and the parade rolling off at 11 from Golden Hill Park. A map is available at http://goo.gl/maps/dAi4. It's a family-friendly and green-minded event with free admission and is for ALL bikes. You'll see many versions of art bikes, unicycles, penny farthings, bamboo bikes, etc. So make sure you air up those tires and oil up your chain for a fun filled day of bikes and festivities.

Stay and enjoy the fun after the ride with music and theatrics by Daredevil Chicken Club, The Dovekins, YoYo Squared, Free Energy, and Extra Action Marching Band.

Be sure to check out the Tour de Fat Facebook page to see what it’s all about!

This is a new location from the previous 2 years. We had been at the 6th/Laurel location for the first two years and after the noise complaints the Park asked if we could relocate within Balboa Park and offered up several new venues. We chose Golden Hill Park because of the safer parade route, historical charm, bike friendliness, and GHP's ability to entertain the smallest bikers who might not be able to ride the regular parade route. Balboa Park really likes us and wanted to accommodate the Tour as we have successfully recycled our garbage with a 98% recycle rate!

·
Registered
29 Posts
AHH! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

So we'll be parading in South Park near Station Tavern and the municipal golf course this year-- that'll be great!!

I heard on one of the dirttreaders forums that some lady was offering to donate $5 for each guy in a tutu that came by the SDMBA booth to raise money for that future bike skills park... I hope that happens!

SO EXCITED!!!! Thanks JOhn! I'll see you with my purple hair!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts