Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should start our own little competition for next years TdF for "yellow jersey" bragging rights (or some prizes).

General idea...
Predict the winners of all jerseys as well as the team competition.
In each category, points are give to the first 10 spots.
Point values are 20, 15, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 1 or something along this line.
Winner of the competition is the one who score highest.

Ideas? Comments? Interest? Anyone care to refine this a little more?

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I like the idea of creating a fantasy type league. Draft order could be set up in order of joining and number of riders per team will be determined by number of entrants.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Of course some of the advertisers on this site can donate prizes.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a good bit of interest so far. There's a few more I'm counting on to chime in (I'm lookin' at you Poolie and INTEGRATE). LOL

I'm thinking we assign points for riders/team who place within the top 5. Depending on where your rider falls into that, you get those points. Or do we want to take this to the top 10 places to get a better spread?

Closing date to pick your riders and team will be within the first three days of the start of the 2013 tour. This way we don't have people waiting to the final week to make their picks.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Sounds like a good bit of interest so far. There's a few more I'm counting on to chime in (I'm lookin' at you Poolie and INTEGRATE). LOL

I'm thinking we assign points for riders/team who place within the top 5. Depending on where your rider falls into that, you get those points. Or do we want to take this to the top 10 places to get a better spread?

Closing date to pick your riders and team will be within the first three days of the start of the 2013 tour. This way we don't have people waiting to the final week to make their picks.
So much can happen in the first three days with crashes and all, I say the predictions have to be in before the start just to make it more interesting.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So much can happen in the first three days with crashes and all, I say the predictions have to be in before the start just to make it more interesting.
Sounds good. I was only thinking the 3 day cut off so that we can give everyone time to make their choices (in case one of us forgets) and get a little "preview" of riders. Should we make the cut off the time the race goes live?

Also, what are your ideas for a system to assign points?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Sounds good. I was only thinking the 3 day cut off so that we can give everyone time to make their choices (in case one of us forgets) and get a little "preview" of riders. Should we make the cut off the time the race goes live?

Also, what are your ideas for a system to assign points?
I still think the cut-off should be when it goes live, but since you came up with this idea, I'll let you decide. I think part of the fun is the uncertainty up until race time.

With the points system, I like it. I'm reading it as if, say, you picked a person to win, but he actually finished 5th, you would get 9 points for that prediction. Is that correct?

Only thing bad about this is waiting a year to start it. ;)

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still think the cut-off should be when it goes live, but since you came up with this idea, I'll let you decide. I think part of the fun is the uncertainty up until race time.

With the points system, I like it. I'm reading it as if, say, you picked a person to win, but he actually finished 5th, you would get 9 points for that prediction. Is that correct?

Only thing bad about this is waiting a year to start it. ;)
I appreciate the input. I put this out there to get help from you guys so we can all come up with a workable system.

Yes, you got the point system figured out. We just need to agree if that works or make adjustments.

Well, we got a year to refine this little thing. I'm liking the input :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts