Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Will DVR and attempt to watch. For some reason I find watching it on TV similar to watching golf on TV. Maybe since I'm getting more into the sport it'll be more exciting.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will DVR and attempt to watch. For some reason I find watching it on TV similar to watching golf on TV. Maybe since I'm getting more into the sport it'll be more exciting.
I can fully understand that. I have over the past few years gotten into it more and more. The more I learn about what's happening and why and of course knowing a few of players helps. Then there is the other side of that, who does what and why for the team etc. That will spark a nice debate :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
There's a PreShow on Sunday. That should interesting to watch.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very impressive
Tour Down Under preview

"The presence of Lance Armstrong, who made the Tour Down Under (TDU) his comeback race in 2009, no doubt turned the event into a draw-card, as economic impact more than doubled between 2008 and 2009, from $17.3 million to $39M. Likewise, media coverage ballooned over the same period, from $43M to $226M."

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I've been to that site and it is a little unclear as to wether or not it will be streaming the Tour.
That was kind of the impression i got. Maybe they stream "live" updates :)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'd much rather watch golf on TV than actually play it and I'd rather watch road racing than participate, too.

Is that what you meant Poolie? "...I find watching it on TV similar to watching golf on TV." :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Exciting finish but unsure what/why Griepel was upset at Petachi about. Any of you experienced riders out there tell me why he was upset?

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's all fun and games until you get hit by a guy on a bike doing about 40 mph. ;) Did you see the last crash. Nasty!
Yup, we'll call it essence of TDF, part 1- stage 1!

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a totally awesome sprint to the finish for the win in stage 5!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts