Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I absolutely adore this film....it was from the year of my birth so I don't really remember. Enjoy cycle touring in a time of few cars, and well ......weren't the folks all very nice with neatly combed hair. How much it meant to people to escape the city if only for a day

Enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1KxPjh4RM[/ame]

·
Two skinny J's
21,183 Posts
I can't imagine handing my bike to an attended nowadays. That would be like hoping I get my luggage back undamaged from the airlines :D People were always well dressed, clean shaven and much more social for sure! My wife and I actually were just talking about taking the train to NY the next time we go for the adventure of it.

BTW what's with all those funny cycling clothes?:D....ahhhh the peaceful country side!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rola643 said:
I can't imagine handing my bike to an attended nowadays. That would be like hoping I get my luggage back undamaged from the airlines :D People were always well dressed, clean shaven and much more social for sure! My wife and I actually were just talking about taking the train to NY the next time we go for the adventure of it.

BTW what's with all those funny cycling clothes?:D....ahhhh the peaceful country side!
I still wear those. Well probably.....Chap is not dressed right on a cycle without some Harris Tweed plus fours....

It was (& still is) about simple escapism & freedom to roam.

Uk trains these days....'yer can't bring that f***ing bike on this train'

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kneedrachen said:
You lemme know when you go the the Big Apple and we'll slice it up properly.
Come the day, I will let you know, and it will be game on!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kneedrachen said:
I love older films, the attitude of people seems better as well the style of dress.

My favorite quote:

". . .bring on a touch of the bonk. . ."

but. . .

THEY
ARE
NOT
WEARING
HELMETS!
THEY
ARE
ALL
GOING
TO
DIE!!!!!!
S'pose quite a lot of may be, but not by not wearing a helmet.

Can't remember the last time I had a touch of the bonk!

They had not so much carbon fibre but moral fibre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts