Toy Story 3d

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Jun 22, 2010.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm 27. I was 12 (I think) when toy story came out. It was the first full CGI movie ever. I thought what better than recapturing my youth through nostalgia. I was wrong. The 3d was only half decent, they didn't throw enough stuff at you, and the story line was essentially "Do what's best for the group, not for you," which was sort of weird message as they applied it to everything in the movie. A weird sort of demonetization, of government, personnel decisions, and how we impact one another. I remember when a duck was duck. I miss that. Anyone else see this horrible movie?

P.S. My wife liked it and says I'm a kill joy.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Have you ever been to IMAX 3D? I'm only mildly impressed when I see a movie at a regular digital 3D theater, but I've been blown away by the IMAX 3D movies I've seen.

3. Xela

BTW, even with your review, I won't be able to not see TS3.

4. coonash

coonash New Member

I liked it, took my kids to see it on Saturday. It's pretty much been the same theme over the entire series.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Maybe my age has jaded me but I hated it. I agree that bigger is better, but boring is boring. I'm glad I saw it, but never again.

6. Xela

Sounds like me with Shrek. Has anyone seen the latest? I absolutely loved the first one. I can still watch it over-and-over again and laugh. The second was OK, didn't much care for the third, and really don't have any desire to see the 4th.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sounds about right Alex. I just got your name. I saw the third when my wife was pregnant and it wasn't that bad, but four? Eh. I'm getting to the point where I don't like the dribble coming out of American Cinema. Not to be pretentious, although that's exactly what a pretentious person would say.

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Was it as bad as the Final Final Destination: Finally Done.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I didn't see that one but I have a theory. 3d is like special effects. Who needs a plot and character development when things can jump out at you? I'm not easily amused with flashy anything,so I think my time with 3d will be over after I see Avatar: The Last Airbender ( I don't care that Avatar: James Cameron sucks and is lame came out first. I'm a man child and in my opinion there is only one Avatar). Unless something I'm already interested in comes out I'm done seeing movies for the 3d.