Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is cool, and it can also be a good resource for those of us that might be in the path of some of these storms. The shop ride for tonight has already been canceled out here because of the line that's rolling through Tulsa right now. Supposed to get here between 7 and 8.

Storm Chasers : Discovery Channel

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They slacked off quite a bit before they got to us last night. I think there were tornados in OK, but we just mostly had wind/rain. It was still enough wind down around where my mom lives to blow a huge Oak tree over on my sister's boyfriend's house. It fell right on his bedroom, but luckily the roof/attic structure stopped the fall. Otherwise it would have crushed him.

Watching streaming footage from one of the chasers last night, I saw something pretty cool. He was coming up on a storm that looked to be the start of a tornado. It wasn't hailing and was barely raining, yet as I watched a sudden crack appeared which ran the entire width of his windshield. I assume this occurred because of a pressure differential as the storm neared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts