Trail/cycling

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by ReCYCLE, Mar 13, 2011.

1. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

What's the wierdest or most amazing thing you've seen riding your bike or trail riding?

Survey says... :D

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

A wallaroo. They're a smaller relative of kangaroos.

[​IMG]

I got up early one morning, and instead of riding to the beach, decided to go ride in some bushland between the park and the hospital. He was right in the middle of the trail, and I'm not sure which one of us was more surprised.

Living in SoCal, I was used to seeing deer, snakes, rabbits, and even the occasional coyote. But nothing could have prepared me for the one and only wallaroo I've ever seen.

3. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

Oh my goshness! I just want to shove it in my pocket and name it jumpy! :'D
    Neat : - )

4. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well there was a night cruise not that long ago I surprised a skunk along the side of the road. Didn't get me, but didn't miss by much.

5. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

jedi squirrels.... see them all the time!
    [​IMG]

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Where do they carry their lightsabers?

7. SprocketGirl

don't know, i never hang around and try to talk to them. i fear for my shins!

8. j3rd

j3rd Jay

I saw a pair of Egyptian Geese one time on a rec path in Rockford, IL. Not sure if they escaped from the zoo or were tourists.

9. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well I wouldn't mind squirrels getting a hold of lightsabers. That we can deal with, but if Sprocket Girl ever gets one we ALL better watch out :)

10. SprocketGirl

oh, i do so want a lightsaber of my very own... i do, i do want one.
    i would name it Carl! and slash through wal-mart with it... looking for stuff. i can never find anything in that place.
    while riding i would also fend off motor vehicles with it.!

11. bootht99

bootht99 New Member

i've seen a moose, and quite a few black bears. the scariest scene that me and my buddy got caught up in was when we where on a trail about 15km from any trailhead and we heard this weird sound. We stop and look up only to see two cute cubs scurrying up a tree. We sit there and watch, then both clue in and think "HOLY CRAP WHERES THE MOMMA BEAR?!" We heard something on the other side of the bush and got he heck out of there.

The same thing has also happened to me while hiking, although I think the scariest was when me and another friend came face to face with two moose calves (twins). Just before that we heard these insanely loud banging noises and trees breaking. The problem was, when we came across the twins, they were on the other side of the trail as the mom that was making all the noise. We either had to turn around and go the long way, or giver [email protected]#T and run between them! We chose run...