Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've established a base ride of 25 miles here in the rolling hills of lexington, KY...I've been completing it at a 17 mph pace and have only been on the bike for 2 weeks or so...is that decent?

I'm thinking about mixing it up and throwing some interval workouts in there...

Thanks!

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
I'm no expert but I'd say it was pretty good. What's your goal, I mean what are you training for? Anything in particular? I'm sure someone will correct me but I think you might need more base miles before intervals. I think by riding hills you get some degree of intervals anyway :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts

·
1,200 Posts
where you and i have been riding for almost the same time and your destroying me... and glad to see another central kentuckian on here!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Howdy! This is a great start. What are your thoughts on 3-5 hill repeat efforts of 3:00 at a pretty good heart rate and 80+ RPM's? This will help a ton and definitely kickstart your fitness quite a bit.

One of the best resources you can use is "The Time Crunched Cyclist" by Chris Carmichael. Great book and has fitness strategies for brand new riders as well as racing vets. Very easy to digest format, and pretty solid plans.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Very nice. It seemed to work for Robbie McEwen!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! I'll try the intervals for sure, and I've been recommend that book several times so I'll have to pick up a copy.

I'm in the Lexington ky area. There re some great rides out here.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts