Transitioning

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Myster, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Myster

Myster Guest

What do you guys think about Hybrids. I have a street bike and a mtn bike and was thinking I could simplify by buying a hybrid. Are they good all around or are there disadvantages?

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Do you do more street or offroad type biking?

3. Myster

Myster Guest

Road more than anything. Mt biking on the weekends.

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

You might check out the Specialized Crosstrail. I have only test rode one but loved it enough to order one.

I ride a hybrid now with 80 psi tire pressure and much passed hard packed dirt is difficult. It hates rocky areas. That said its got good speed, excellent on broken or uneven pavment, grass, and hard dirt roads, valley gutter crossings.

5. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I ride a cyclocross bike.

It is basically a road bike with better brakes(mine has an extra set of brake levers on the top of the handle bars too) and thicker tires with tread on them with clearance around the chainstays for some mud accumulation.
    It does the road spectacularly and mild trails just fine. It only has 2 front chain rings, so no super steep hills though.

I love my cyclocross bike. I have a fairly high end mountain bike...I would rather ride the road (cyclocross) bike though.

6. Myster

Myster Guest

I couldn't find one in my price range. I guess I should say I'm broke. Any body know a cheap Hybrid?