Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Bicycle Test Rides Featuring the Latest Products from Trek, Gary Fisher, and Bontrager : Trek Factory Demo

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the 1st Trek Factory Demo stop (on the East Coast) for the 2011 bikes so the bikes were in pristine condidtion. My buddy and I were first in line to ride the Madone 6.9 SSL and a Madone 5.2. I don't know how you engineer a bike that....well... for me it was like going from a 3 cylinder Geo Metro to a Porsche Carrera GT. Accelerates, climbs, stable and most importantly was an extremely comfortable ride ! You could honestly tell a difference between the 5 and 6 series Madones. I was told the comfort comes from the new Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset. I saw/felt no great difference between the Dura-Ace and Ultegra equipped bikes. I honestly did not like the feel of the brakes on either one of them, they felt very lacking in stopping power, it really caught me by surprise.

Overall I'm very impressed and really fighting the urge to order one. I can't afford a 6.9SSL or for that fact justify having one but the 6.2 is right there :D

I'm not trying to sell the Trek line but just saying my Specialized better be on it's best behavior since a just spent a fair amount in SRAM drivetrain and a Mavic wheel set:D

Oh yea, Tom Jenkins is a hell of a nice guy ! He was a busy guy Saturday but had time to answer questions about colors (not on line or in the catalog) and other stupid stuff

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was the 6 alot smoother than the 5?
I rode a 4 series and found it to be roughly 90 % similar to the 5.2 in overall ride quality
I'm not going to lie, as far as one being smoother than the other, I could not tell ! They were both very nice bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts