·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Giddyup!!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped some parts today, and had some beers. By the time I was done, it was dark, raining lightly, and I was quite buzzed.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
I put my new Shimano 520 peddles on my Wahoo yesterday. I loaded up my small trunk/panniers with an ultralight load of camping gear and went for a 8 mile ride on the bike path to see how it will ride. Planning on doing some bikepacking on state forest two tracks. So far I love this bike.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Industry_Hack said:
I swapped some parts today, and had some beers. By the time I was done, it was dark, raining lightly, and I was quite buzzed.
Nice:D

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
:thumbsup:Nothing like a new bike. Enjoy.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed XT rear derailleur, mount for bar bag, and carbon fiber bar ends. Removed gratuitous stickers for weight savings. I have an XT 9 speed drive drain, sans cranks, but would like to locate some XT 8 speed shifters. I've broken two 9 speed chains, zero 8 speed. Plus, I'm kinda liking the 34t rear cog.

Attachments

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
Does your rack also require brazons on the seat stay too?

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It does, but I thought I saw some threaded holes. And the seat tube is 34.9 at the derailleur, then tapers to 31.8 at the post clamp. Sneaky.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What happened? I thought you didn't Trek boutique stuff?????
Eh, it's a low end bike, not one of their boutique offerings. I really wanted the Marlin, but this deal was too good to pass up. Originally, it looked like I would go with the Giant Roam, but they have 700c wheels instead of true 29er wheels. When I sell my Cannondale and spares, I will finish the drivetrain upgrade, swap the brakes for Avids, get a fork with lockout, and a 2nd wheelset for my 700x38 tires.

One bike for trail and commuting.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Very cool, you knew i couldn't let that pass right? Glad y got something. t this point I'd be happy with that over the much used up Rochhopper. BUT, I get to ride :)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
Speaking of Trek boutique...I saw one of these the other day at the shop...

I know it's a red-headed step child next to the Big Dummy but it still gave me half a chub.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went for a quick ride this evening in the windy weather, and the right shifter bailed on me. Grrr. Nothing like having one gear in a headwind. Might as well have taken the Wabi.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found three racks in my spares bins. One for beach cruisers, but I just told my Electra Jester. One for mountain bikes, of which my Cannondale is currently in pieces, about to be parted out. The last one is for mountain bikes with disc brakes, and the there is maybe a half inch between the rack and the rubber when fitting it to my 29er.

And that part is out of stock everywhere. Even QBP had to put it on their watch list.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts