Triathalons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pariah, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Pariah

Pariah Guest

Does anyone here do Triathalons? Just curious

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Never done one. Looks brutal. Do you?

3. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

I'd love to do a tri sometime, but I am not much of a runner and even less of a swimmer. Now if the swimming part was replaced with just seeing who can float for the longest I might have a chance :D

4. surfinbird

surfinbird Guest

I am curious about how people train for these and how long they usually are?

5. camila

camila Guest

I do!
    I'm training to the Longhorn 70.3, in Austin.

6. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Or instead of swimming and running substitute drinking beer and eating donuts, count me in! Oh wait, that's already been done.....SSWC08.

7. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Never heard of this before. Is there a website with details?

8. craig0812

craig0812 New Member

I have been doing triathlons for a little over a year now and I love it. I like the fact that I get to switch it up and have 3 different sports to train for. I never really rode before I began tris, but now I love it. There are such a wide range of race distances to do now, anyone in decent shape should be able to find one in their area to do. Cyclists are known for their endurance and should be able to easily adapt their training to doing a triathlon. Usually it is the swim that scares off most people, but once you get a little training under your belt, you realize it's not that bad and it's the shortest part of the race. If you are even mildly interested, I encourage you to look in to it. It is great way to get in shape, and you get to meet some great people.

9. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

My wife and I have just started to train for a baby triathlon here in June. Not to compete with others, just to try to finnish. Just a way to celebrate weight loss. This sounds funny because she downloaded instructions on how to prepair from AARP! She is a pretty good swimmer, that portion is 1/4 mile. I suck at swimming, and running is a big no shot. I can jog slow for the three miles, so the fifteen mile bike ride will be a piece of cake.