Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one of my usual routes, there's a coffee place about 9 1/2 miles out. Got there just shy of 40 mins.

Coming back that way later, I stopped for a double espresso. Time home was only 38:20.

·
Registered
104 Posts
On one of my usual routes, there's a coffee place about 9 1/2 miles out. Got there just shy of 40 mins.

Coming back that way later, I stopped for a double espresso. Time home was only 38:20.
maybe the wind give you some hand getting back home .... :thumbsup:

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Good excuse for me to stop at Starbucks on the way home, especially on the days with a headwind on the homeward leg (which is most of them).

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Sounds good to me, no place to stop here in the swamp:mad:. We have had so much rain that it is hard to find a place to stop on the sholder, the watter is right up to the road in most places :eek:.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree re: hydration. New experiment next week. I'll put a couple Guinness in the fridge, take a pic, and look at it when I hit the checkpoint coming home.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
I agree re: hydration. New experiment next week. I'll put a couple Guinness in the fridge, take a pic, and look at it when I hit the checkpoint coming home.
...everybody needs a little motivation, right?:D

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Coffee helps me as well esp. after a very long day at the office doing the uphill battle to get home. Haven't done any really long rides though drinking during it's duration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts